The Commonwealth of The Bahamas is a tax neutral international financial centre with a leading position based on sound investment-oriented legislation, modern infrastructure, a professional workforce, and proximity to key markets – all combining to create the ideal business environment for more than 250 internationally renowned banking and trust institutions, including subsidiaries of institutions originating from 21 countries such as the UK, Switzerland, Canada, Brazil, Spain and the US.
- Ranked by the World Bank as a High Income developing nation
- Leading tourist destination in the Caribbean region with over 50 per cent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) derived from tourism
- Sophisticated Banking & Finance sector with a qualified community of 4,400 financial services professionals who generate 20 per cent of GDP
- Government committed to an investor-friendly environment and ensuring a well regulated jurisdiction for the conduct of international finance
- One of the oldest uninterrupted parliamentary democracies in the Western hemisphere (1729)
- Member of the Commonwealth of Nations with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as Head of State and a judicial system based on English Common Law